Two-Ingredient Pancakes

29 Jan

A while back I stumbled upon this recipe from Tina at Oh Snap! Let’s Eat! and knew that I had to try it for myself. Pancakes made with just eggs and a banana? Too good to be true. Turns out they’re very tasty and an interesting way to enjoy some of my favorite breakfast staples.

(Serves one)

2 eggs
1 banana

Crack the egg, slice the banana. We blended ours in a Magic Bullet, but you could use a beater, or just some elbow grease.

Blend until completely smooth, which doesn’t take long.

That’s about it – just cook on med/low heat, greasing the pan with a little virgin coconut oil for an additional island flair.

Couldn’t be easier! It makes about eight little pancakes. I should note, just like Tina did in her post, that the consistency isn’t exactly like pancakes – these little guys are much lighter both in taste and mouth feel. But still, it’s quite an interesting and delicious way to eat a banana and a couple eggs! Plus they are so sweet that they don’t even need syrup – a tsp would be plenty, and honey would go well with it too, as in Tina’s original recipe. Personally, I liked eating them with just some berries on top.

I should also note that my lovely wife took all the pictures you see in this recipe – way to go honey! She totally mimicked my style but what can I say, I’m a big influence :)

43 Responses to “Two-Ingredient Pancakes”

1. bubblytee January 29, 2013 at 10:09 am #

Amazing!…Well done!

2. Tina T. January 29, 2013 at 10:21 am #

Wow, Russ, your pancakes look amazing! Also – great thanks to your wife for taking such beautiful pictures! I’m glad you liked the recipe!

-Tina from Oh Snap! Let’s Eat!

3. Disheveled parent January 29, 2013 at 10:31 am #

I LOVE you for this post! I have been wanting to wean away from our traditional flour, eggs, etc, pancakes for some time. Even though I use 100% Whole wheat, I would love something different without the wheat even. What a wonderful idea and great pics to match! Thanks for this post!

4. Patrons of the Pit January 29, 2013 at 10:40 am #

You gotta be kidding, that’s amazing! It looks like a real pancake! Guess I’m gonna have to try it. Wow!

5. Amy January 29, 2013 at 11:16 am #

Keep those overly ripe bananas in the freezer, thaw on counter or microwave for 40-50 seconds, cut off the end and squeeze!

6. Kranbox January 29, 2013 at 11:41 am #

Yum! I love banana pancakes. I like to add in 1 tablespoon of almond butter to the batter for a little added texture and flavor.

7. rosewithoutthorns January 29, 2013 at 12:16 pm #

Wow! 2 ingredient banana pancakes! I just made banana pancakes over the weekend and I think I used about 5 ingredients in total! your recipe is sure easy to remember!

thanks for sharing!

felicia

8. Matt (@cassel_man) January 29, 2013 at 12:23 pm #

I’ve made pancakes with just almond butter and eggs, though a banana in the mix sounds great too! If I didn’t have burgers to grill tonight, I’d be making pancakes.

9. anbrooks2013 January 29, 2013 at 1:56 pm #

Two Words. Nice Job!

10. Alex January 29, 2013 at 6:43 pm #

Nice! Can’t beat a two ingredient recipe for a quick breakfast! Solid pictures too. : )

11. Evalynn January 29, 2013 at 8:31 pm #

Looks delicious. A thick dollop of coconut milk would be a nice pairing with those raspberries as pancake accessories.

12. growthbytheseason January 31, 2013 at 10:57 am #

I’m going to have to try this. What a simple breakfast, and its sounds delicious… who would’ve thought!

13. katya kitchen January 31, 2013 at 2:14 pm #

Terrific, recipe to make for my breakfast tomorrow, I just love it!

14. Jessica: Hesitantly Healthy January 31, 2013 at 2:50 pm #

This recipe is a morning changer!! I am soooo impressed!!! (and excited to try them!) :)

15. bubblytee February 1, 2013 at 2:32 am #

i wonder if this recipe or slightly modified, perhaps with oil, could be used to make waffles? The oil, or butter, would make them crispy.

16. Robin February 2, 2013 at 7:53 pm #

I make one large pancake in a cast iron skillet. Cook the bottom on the stove and pop it in the broiler for 3 minutes to cook the top. Cool, wrap up and go! I make a few ahead on the weekend for a grab and go breakfast. I also add lots of cinnamon for a nice flavor, so it’s not too eggy.

17. Brittany February 3, 2013 at 1:36 pm #

These look so simple and amazing! I saw the 2 ingredient pancakes once before and never could find the recipe again. . . (sounds lame since there is like no ingredients and like no instructions to even follow :/ ) Come check out my blog: http://www.cloudywithachanceofsprinkles.com/ and let me know what you think!

18. Jessi February 18, 2013 at 2:08 pm #

These are the best paleo pancakes I have ever made….and I have made LOTS! :) They were a breeze to flip, and had a convincing texture and consistency for my 9 year old who loves traditional pancakes….aka flour gut-bombs! I added a heaping tablespoon of almond butter and some cinammon and they turned out fabulous! Thanks for this site!

19. Sharon March 7, 2013 at 9:17 am #

Omg, these were the best, sooooo yummy. I did add alittle coconut milk and cinnamon. I have just started the paleo way of life. WHO NEEDS FLOUR?!!! :) Thank you so much for sharing;)

20. ceara sullivan March 8, 2013 at 2:19 pm #

Just found this recently…I can’t resist messing w/ recipes.

Second time around, I added 1 Tbs coconut oil,2 Tbs almond meal, 1 tsp homemade kefir (tho vinegat would do) and 1 tsp. non-aluminum baking powder. More traditional mouth feel. Next time I’ll add some ground flax seed. Or chia seeds..I don’t mind the crunch. Lotta sugar in that banana, though. I gotta figure out a work-around.

• Audra March 10, 2013 at 2:38 pm #

I used the ground flax seed and added pumpkin pie seasoning and vanilla. They were great. My 11 year old loved them. Talk about fast and easy.

21. Sharon March 11, 2013 at 11:57 am #

Does anyone know the carb value?

22. jub98 March 12, 2013 at 11:24 pm #

Reblogged this on blahblahblahdotorg and commented:
    o.o just eggs and bananas?

23. Your daily juice March 15, 2013 at 12:53 am #

That’s how I make mine add a pinch of cinnamon and vanilla extract!! So good way better than regular pancakes

24. Eron June 24, 2013 at 9:19 am #

AMAZING! Just tried them and everyone loved. Thanks

25. Kay Harrington August 21, 2013 at 8:33 am #

I add a dessertspoonful of coconut flour to mine. They’re a favourite in our house :)

26. cucicucicoo August 21, 2013 at 3:03 pm #

Get out, I never would’ve imagined! I’ve GOT to try that! :) Lisa

27. Vanessa August 21, 2013 at 4:32 pm #

I got the recipe for two ingredient pancakes from another site a while ago and I’ve making and enjoying them ever since. Came across this recipe today and I asked myself, “Now why don’t mine every look like that?” Mine always look a bit lumpier and your tip on blending them makes perfect sense! I’ll try it out the next time I whip up a batch! Thanks!

28. bluestarvermont August 21, 2013 at 5:01 pm #

Thanks for a great addition to my recipe box!

29. Teachtag August 21, 2013 at 10:16 pm #

I have heard about these with peanut butter added to these two ingredients

30. NicMc November 13, 2013 at 8:51 am #

Yup I made these a few weeks ago and they were awesome ;-)

31. Jeannie November 13, 2013 at 9:01 am #

I made these this morning with a banana that was going brown and they were delicious. Like you said they were sweet and easy to make. Loved it

32. Kam April 9, 2014 at 12:32 am #

Very nice and quickly recipe!)) I’ve tried it this morning It was awesome Thank u very much for it

33. compagnie Demenagement Martin August 1, 2014 at 6:42 pm #

I go to see daily some sites and information sites to read articles, however this web
    site offers feature based writing.

1. Two-Ingredient Pancakes, A Love Story | Chez Panic - January 30, 2013

[...] Despite this, me ol’ brain is always percolating with Ideas, and I do actually have a kind of backlog of things I’ve intended to post here but haven’t gotten around to yet. Those ideas have suddenly been pre-empted by something else: the Two-Ingredient Pancakes. [...]

2. Do This Now! | CrossFit Uncommon - February 4, 2013

[...] I have a couple of things I need you guys to do right now.  First, go in the kitchen and mix a banana and 2 eggs in the food processor.  Next, pour the mixture on a preheated skillet.  The finished product is the best Paleo pancakes I’ve had so far and with only 2 ingredients.  Here is the link so I can give credit where credit is due.   http://thedomesticman.com/2013/01/29/two-ingredient-pancakes/ [...]

3. Handmade Ricotta Cavatelli with Sausage and Broccoli Rabe | The Bachelor's Test Kitchen - February 26, 2013

[...] I just really wanted to eat it. I also haven’t cooked all that much lately (except for some 2 ingredient pancakes earlier this week), and I thought trying to make pasta for the first time would be a good lazy [...]

4. Two Ingredient Pancakes by The Domestic Man - Primal Docs - March 15, 2013

[...] Read the full post & get the recipe [...]

5. Quinoa Banana Bread + Sharing recipe secrets — Dish by Dish - March 2, 2014

[…] of ham and cheese. But on the days that we craved a sweet treat to kick-start our mornings, we made two-ingredient banana pancakes that were so easy and turned out so well (that we ended up eating them three days in a row) – and […]