To celebrate my first year of Paleo/Gluten-Free eating, I’ve decided to do a giveaway. In the giveaway you’ll find some staples of our family’s diet – coconut oil, coconut milk, and Thai curry pastes. I’m also including a copy of the Easy Paleo: 21 Practical Ways to Simplify Your Paleo Life e-Book, graciously donated by Jennie at Easy Paleo.
In addition to getting real stuff, I’m also giving away something a little more personal: I’ll create a recipe especially for you, and post it on this site. My only stipulation is that it has to be a dish that’s traditional in nature (as in something that has existed for a while, no made-up meals like “turkey asparagus surprise”). Other than that, I have no limitations on what you choose – it can be from wherever in the world you want, as difficult as you can imagine, and tailored to whatever dietary restrictions you may have. If you don’t have any restrictions in particular, it will be made with the same guidelines I use to cook every day – meaning that it will be made with natural ingredients and without grains (except white rice) or legumes. Give me about a month to research and test your dish before I publish it.
Here’s the loot:
1. A copy of Easy Paleo: 21 Practical Ways to Simplify Your Paleo Life e-Book ($5 value)
2. One 16oz container of Whole Foods expeller pressed virgin coconut oil ($10 value)
3. Three 4oz Maesri curry pastes (green, red, and panang)* ($9 value)
4. One 14oz can of Orchids coconut milk ($2 value)
5. A personalized recipe created at your request (priceless)
* Note that the curry pastes have sugar listed in their ingredients (although it’s pretty far down in the list). If you are completely avoiding sugar altogether, let me know and I’ll send a second container of coconut oil instead.
Here’s how to enter the giveaway:
1. “Like” The Domestic Man facebook page and leave a comment letting me know you did it.
2. Follow me on Twitter and leave a comment letting me know you did it.
3. Subscribe to this site’s RSS feed and leave a comment letting me know you did it.
4. Tweet about this giveaway and leave a comment letting me know you did it.
5. Share this giveaway on Facebook and leave a comment letting me know you did it.
Your options for entering the giveaway are stackable, so you could potentially enter five times. You don’t need to leave five comments, just let me know everything you did in one comment. The giveaway ends midnight Sunday, December 18th, and I will select a winner using a random number generator sometime thereafter. Good luck!
Update: Congratulations to brunson71799 who is the big winner of The Domestic Man’s Great Giveaway of 2011! Thanks to everyone who participated.